Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

My short film.

I have been sitting on a script I wrote for about 4 months now. When I thought I was ready to start filming I ran into screenplay problems. I decided to add more to my story, just so the audience would better understand my character. I ended up writing an extra three pages to the script. I feel this made the story better, but then I found myself running into a bigger problem.

When I planed on making this film, I had no plans to buy anything for this film. If I stuck to the original script I would'nt have spent a dime. Here I am now, and have not started filming yet, for the reason of the money needed to buy all my props, costumes, and make up. Already, I have spent over $200.00 on things I need, and still need about $200.00 more, just for a two miniute scene.

It has become a huge headache, and not because of the money. It is for the reason that I just want to film. It gets my heart pumping thinking about it. I want to be a film maker, and get my work out for everyone to see. I am planning to have this short film done by the end of May, so I can try to get it into the Blue Water Film Festival. I only hope at this point to just start filming, because thats my real passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment